Summer Shift

7:56 PM

The middle of the summer always means one thing--heat, heat, and more heat! With it being so hot lately, it can be difficult keeping it cute and cool, and trust me when I say that all a girl wants is to do both in times like this. But with this comfy-chic look, you just can't go wrong! Not to mention, this outfit incorporates many of my favorite trends this season.


This shift dress is a definite go-to for this time of year. I actually bought this last Summer, but I held out on wearing it until I could figure out exactly how I wanted  to style it. Its silhouette makes styling a breeze! Not only can you dress it up or down, but the fact that it's sleeveless and has chic ladder cutouts on the sides makes it perfect for those steamy Summer days (or nights). In addition, this dress is super roomy and easy to move around in. And you can never go wrong with a bright pop of color for Summer. I've been having a thing for yellow/mustard shades lately, so when I saw this dress, I just couldn't resist!

I wanted to go for a simple and effortless look with my jewelry, so I went with these delicate layering necklaces. The layering trend has been one of my absolute faves this summer when it comes to wearing accessories. It's a cool way to bring uniqueness to any look. I also added in these sleek, gold bangles to pull everything together.

Another one of my favorite trends in this look is this cute bag. What's better than being chic, comfy, and cool?--being hands-free! A crossbody bag is the perfect accessory when you want to add to your look without worrying about the responsibility of literally holding on to all of your belongings--just throw it across your body and go! Plus, this bag is super versatile. You can go for a more causal look by wearing it across your body, or you can go for a more sophisticated look by wearing it on your shoulder like I chose to do here.

To bring this outfit together, I couldn't resist going for these amazing shoes. The thing that I LOVE about these is their triple threat appeal--sling-backs, lace-ups, and block heels rolled into one shoe! These give this classy, cute, and comfy look a definite edge.

I can't wait to bring this little number out to play again! How do you all keep it cute and cool this Summer? I would love to find out. 


xoxo,
-Channy



Shift Dress: Forever 21
Layering Necklaces: Forever 21
Bracelets: (Gift)
Crossbody: Forever 21
Block Heels: Mix No.6 

You Might Also Like

0 comments