Boyfriend Material

12:50 PM

Hey everyone! Lately I've been feeling a bit on the chill, laid-back side. Usually, I would just go for my trusty pair of skinnies or a baggy pair of sweats and call it a day...but I didn't want to wear "the usual" and I definitely wasn't trying to "bum it out". Yeah, I've been craving the loose and comfy look--maybe even a bit masculine--but I still wanted to keep my feminine appeal going. This is where the idea of boyfriend jeans came into play. This trend has been all over the place this Spring, and it's definitely one that I've always wanted to style, so I figured now was the perfect time! Even though I could easily go to the mall and buy a pair, I told myself, "Why not save a few dollars and re-create the look yourself?"--And that's just what I did! To get this look down, I used a pair of dark-wash jeans that I've had in my closet for a while and rolled the legs into a messy bubble cuff. To give it more of a baggy, masculine feel, I slightly ruffled the bottom of the legs. I wanted to keep this vibe going while maintaining my feminine touch, so I paired my jeans with a super sweet, black and white cropped sweatshirt and some chic single-sole heels. A bit of gold arm candy goes a long way, so I mixed in a gold cuff, a few stylish bangles, and midi rings (I love the "midi" trend--especially on jewelry)!

One of the most important details in this look is the message on the sweatshirt, "Hope". Over time, I've realized that this point in my life is the most important in my journey to get to where I ultimately want to be. Yes, I've had my obstacles and struggles, and to be honest, I still face some now. As a young woman trying to find her way, these things are definitely expected. But instead of stressing out about what I have not accomplished or how far I have to go, I thank God for every moment, all that I have achieved, and how far I've come. I look forward to all of the great things to accomplish in the future and all of the memories I can make from them, taking it one day at a time. As long as I keep hope and faith strong in my heart and mind, I know that anything is possible! :)

                                                     Stay fascinating,
                                                     -Dannie

Cropped Sweatshirt: Papaya
Cuff Bracelet: Charlotte Russe
Bracelets: (Gift)
Midi Rings: Etsy
Jeans: Rue 21
Heels: Charlotte Russe
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

















You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. brilliant idea recreating a look using what's inside your closet already. Love your cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweater and sandals!

    Love,
    Lil Miss Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this look I usually like to pair black with dark wash denim. I mean who am I kidding I pair black with anything but this color palette turns simple into edgy.

    www.vieavecleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the combination of the two as well :)
      -Dannie

      Delete